Renegade Army D&D Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!

4 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post  Einvaldurinn_Mikli Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:53 am

Hello people. Just wanted to kick things off, place seemed a little empty.
So I thought that maybe we should start with a thread where we introduce ourselves, after all, we are going to work on a pretty big project together right?

Anyway, my name is Hákon, I am 16 years old, attend Menntaskólinn í Reykjavík in Iceland and just recently got into metal. I like reading, roleplaying, metal and a whole bunch of nerdy stuff. I like to think that I have a good sense for 3.5 mechanics and balance so I should be able to contribute something to the project.

How about you?

Einvaldurinn_Mikli
Commoner
Commoner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post  Rakmakallan Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:01 am

Well,hi again Hakon. Things have been a bit "dead" recently at the forum recently. Anyway, just for your knowledge, even though apart from you, there are 4 other members(including myself) the rest of the crew showed laziness whenever it came to reading D&D books. Even though, they know the rules, they don't give a **** about reading even the PHB, and as such I cannot allow them to interfere in the project by any means. Those who have and will respond to the pms I've sent them at the WOTC forums, will be regarded as a special user group that will have the right to access this discussions.

As for me, I'm an 18 year old university student from Greece(obviously), have been listening to metal for the past 6 years and played D&D(3rd edition and onward) for 5 years.

That's all. The first TOM discussion will begin soon.
Rakmakallan
Rakmakallan
Ancestral Administrator-Crewmaster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://dndic.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaryx Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:21 am

I think the admin just insulted me. It is true that i don’t much of dnd but I found about it 2 years ago and have already other hobbies (don’t we all?). I get bored sometimes when it comes to reading books because the previous year was very crucial for the rest of my life (university entry exams).

Self-Intro: I was in the same school with the admin. I am 17 years old. I like rock, metal and modern music.
Zaryx
Zaryx
Ancestral Moderator
Ancestral Moderator

Registration date : 2007-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  JtD Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:31 pm

I signed up a while back, but I found myself to be kinda busy, so I couldn't work on this much.

The only flaw I've found in the logic of using Music as spells, it that songs last a few minutes, while fights last a few rounds. Until we work out the mechanics problem of time, Music may be limited to being something like Bardic Music, rather than being a way to cast spells.

However, perhaps if songs had fixed-pattern, chain effects, like 1 round did something, then the next something else, and so on, that may work... Or something like that.

JtD
Commoner
Commoner

Registration date : 2007-09-25

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Concerning time

Post  Rakmakallan Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:03 am

Well, I have to admit that the same question was troubling me a couple of months ago. I figured out 2 ways to bypass this:
1) The singing does not involve the whole song rather than its chorus or most dramatic part.
2) Songs can be fragmented into: chorus, solo, bridge etc. , each producing a different effect(like Seeker of the Song). This is much harder to do, though.

And for the record, there is going to be a prc called Solist with class features such as: Enter solo, Glissando, Dramatic drop, Tapping, Follow the main scale etc.

I hope everyone will answer to this question so we can get things moving fast. The ghost of 4th edition is looming.
Rakmakallan
Rakmakallan

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-05

https://dndic.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down